Football fan are not words I would use to describe myself. However, I can never turn down an excuse to make cute food for a party; I love entertaining guests. I do know which teams are playing in the Superbowl this year, only because my nephew Andrew is a HUGE Steelers fan (I will root for them for Andrew) and because my sister told me the Arizona Cardinals is the other team (I never knew Arizona had a NFL team). If forced to watch football, I would rather watch college games, the two teams I root for are (of course) my alma mater, GO PANTHERS and the best team in the state of Iowa, GO HAWKS! I haven’t lived in Nebraska long enough to bleed BIG RED.
If you are going to be huddled around the TV watching the big game, you will want easy to eat food. These sliders are perfect, they require only your God-given utensils. These are also easily personalized to your personal flavor preferences.
Yield 8 mini burgers
1 pound ground beef
8 dinner roll sized buns
1. Preheat grill pan or skillet over medium heat.
2. Line a large cookie sheet (I used 11×15) with parchment paper or waxed paper. Place ground beef on paper, cover with another sheet of the paper. Using a rolling pin, roll your beef into a large, thin rectangle (about the size of the cookie sheet).
3. Season your rolled out ground beef with garlic powder, onion powder, pepper and salt. Add a little or a lot. Now take the long sides of the beef and fold it to the middle of the rectangle (you want your seasonings encased in the middle of the ground beef).
4. Place paper over the folded beef and give a light roll to seal it up, you do not want to enlarge your rectangle any more. Take a pizza cutter and slice the ground beef down the middle (so you have two long skinny pieces). Divide these into quarters to equal eight small square burgers.
5. Grill or cook over medium heat until done, turning only once.
6. Butter buns and toast on grill pan for a minute or so.
7. Top buns with your burgers, bacon and cheddar. Add onion, lettuce, tomato, and any other condiments. ENJOY!