Hold on to your hats folks I have an easy-peasy recipe to cool you off this weekend. Bonus this recipe only has five ingredients. While it mixes together easily –no heating cream or tempering eggs required, it does need several hours in the freezer to become solid. So plan ahead slightly. Make this tonight or in the morning before you plan on serving it.
July is National Ice Cream month. In fact if my Google search is correct this is the 30th anniversary of Ice Cream month becoming official thanks to Ronald Reagan. So as a true patriot I am bringing you this patriotic ice cream. Hopefully there will be many more ice cream recipes shared this month. So dust off your ice cream makers and get cranking with me. (I have the Cuisinart 1 1/2 qt Ice Cream maker)
Birthday cake flavored items have taken the food industry by storm. You can find birthday cake Oreos and M&Ms, candles and lipgloss. I couldn’t think of a better flavored ice cream to celebrate Independence Day. So whether you are making this for someone’s birthday or for America’s birthday your guests will love you.
FESTIVE FUNFETTI ICE CREAM
Time: 25 minutes + chill time
1 cup skim milk
1/2 cup sugar
2 cups whole cream
2/3 cup funfetti dry cake mix
2 tablespoons sprinkles
1. In a large bowl whisk together milk and sugar until sugar is dissolved
2. Whisk in cream and dry cake mix.
3. Pour into frozen freezer bowl
4. Turn on ice cream machine and let mix for 20 minutes. Stir in sprinkles.
5. Pour into tupperware, cover, and place in freezer for at least a few hours until ice cream becomes solid.
6. Serve with additional sprinkles as a festive garnish
Have a happy and safe holiday weekend!